Author Topic: Hello from Montana, USA  (Read 9820 times)

geonerdist

• View Profile
Hello from Montana, USA
« on: 28 Jan 2018, 15:45:15 »
I have been fascinated with the scanning hobby for years, started out with an old radio shack ten channel scanner that I got from my grandpa. Scanning was a gateway hobby into becoming a ham, now I've got quite the collection of radios from Motorola, Icom, Yaesu, and now a Uniden P25 scanner. I recently discovered the topic of decoding and brushed it aside until I ran across an RTL-SDR dongle for under $20 on Amazon and bought it instantly. Over the weekend I got PDW to start emailing me messages, since the computer I have it setup on is headless so I wanted a way to review messages without sitting at the computer. This is the same computer I have my Uniden P25 scanner connected to and served using ProScan. So the computer, scanner, router, and internet modem are all hooked up to a UPS. In the event of power failure, it will all stay running for about 1 hour. Instead of email I have now got it setup to to send push notifications to my iPhone and iPad (and chrome if it's open) using Pushover.net. Just switch the email address after creating an account and it is that easy.