Author Topic: FSK to USB Interface Enclosure  (Read 1945 times)

Discriminator

• Administrator
  • Top Member
    • View Profile
FSK to USB Interface Enclosure
« on: 13 Sep 2019, 15:26:01 »

Based on user requests, it has been a long cherished wish to realize a matching enclosure for the USB interface. With the recent purchase of a Prusa I3 MK3 3D printer, finally these requests can be accommodated.

The enclosure comes in 3 colors: black, red and silver. Quality PLA filament is used on a powder coated steel bed, which gives the enclosure a nice looking textured surface. The lid is mounted on the case by a snap-fit connection.

Prices and 'Buy Now' buttons for instant ordering can be found on the Order page.

VidarParry

• Top Member
    • View Profile
Re: FSK to USB Interface Enclosure
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2019, 02:48:11 »
Nice work Rene ;D

My decoding days are just about finished now, as the services I'm interested in have all gone digital and SMS alerting.

Doesn't mean my passion for PDW has declined - will be in my heart forever:-)

I have 4 x FSK to USB interfaces for sale if anyone wants to make an offer:-) Location Brisbane Australia.

Plus a Uniden 73XLT and a Uniden BC60XLT scanner for sale.

Cheers
...Steve

Discriminator

• Administrator
  • Top Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2019, 07:39:15 »
Thank you Steve!

Sorry to see a declining use of paging systems in Australia. I still see added value over GSM/UMTS/LTE/5G, e.g. reliability and deep indoor coverage.

VidarParry

• Top Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2019, 08:17:24 »
...and cheaper, more convenient, more reliable, faster delivery, much larger footprint (depending on paging infrastructure of course, but in Australia extensive). etc etc.

I suspect that data encryption was a major factor in emergency services moving away. Certainly wasn't cost - replaced with much more expensive mobile phone based messaging (heavy ruggedised phones - 2 phones per person, 1 on each carrier activated simultaneously in case one didn't work:-) )

Cheers
...Steve