The rather recent Uniden Bearcat 244CLT scanner contains an unfamiliar receiver IC: an SL5018.
The IC (IC101) can be found on the lower circuit board of the scanner. Pin 9 contains the unfiltered audio signal.
BC244CLT / UBC244CLT
The baseband signal can be found on pin 9 of the SL5018
The connection to pin 9
Follow the next steps to make the discriminator output:
- Connect a 10 k (miniature) resistor to pin 9 of the SL5018
- Connect a 2.2 nF capacitor from the resistor's other lead to ground, e.g. to the metal shield of the coil next to the discriminator IC
- Connect the inner conductor of a piece of shielded wire to the junction of the resistor and capacitor
- Connect the braid to the metal shield of the coil
- Connect the other side of the shielded cable to a 3.5 mm chassis terminal that you mount in the back of the scanner