The Uniden Bearcat 60XLT (without suffix -1 or -2)
is a basic 10 channel scanner.
It is fairly easy to equip this scanner with a discriminator tap. The scanner uses an MC3361 FM detector IC, with the unfiltered audio on
Pin 9 of the MC3361, on the solder side of the circuit board
Connection to pin 9: resistor and capacitor
Follow the next steps to make the discriminator output:
- Connect a 10 k resistor to pin 9 of the MC3361
- Connect a 2.2 nF capacitor from the resistor's other lead to ground, e.g. to the solder pad shown on the photo
- Connect a short strand of wire to the junction of the resistor and capacitor. This junction is not connected to the circuit board
- Connect a short strand of wire to the junction of the resistor and capacitor
- Mount a 3.5 mm chassis socket in the scanner. Connect the wire with the inner contact. Connect the ground lug to the metal shield in the
back of the scanner.